Thursday, July 3, 2014

Allegiance Clue #4

Allegiance Quilt – Step 4
©Vicki Welsh


This week we are going to put it all together!
First a little more cutting. This quilt is assembled on point so we have to cut side and corner setting triangles.


Go print out the instructions.... I am going to show you mine... but if you want to be surprised - go print first..


I started laying it out on the right side on my design wall... and kept adding....



Until it got to big for my little wall. - so I started sewing the rows together, and then layed it out on the floor....

And Ta-da!!  Here s my top!!

Now you have your top... what next?  I will show you next week how I quilted mine. If you are interested in that come on back.  Other options:

1. Finish it yourself and go request a destination on the QOVF.org website. I know a lot of requests for Quilts of Valor have been made since Brian W went on TV...  so there is a need.

2. Go to the QOVF.org website and request a Longarmer. They will need you to send the top and the back. The LA'er will quilt it and most likely get it back to you for binding.

3. You can contact your state Coordinator to see if they have Local quilters to help.

4. Send it ( with it's backing) to me, and I will get it finished up. There is not guarantee it will stay here in Colorado though. Some of the other coordinators need help - and we are all about honoring our Veterans in a timely manner.  PS - if you have done the Honor Flight size - and are willing to have it go to Northern Colorado Honor Flight... get it to me... We will get it ready for the next flight!

****Send me a photo of your quilt. it does not need to be finished... just snap it where you are and get it to me before July 9th. I will post it here and add a link to your blog if you would like on the 10th. That way we can all see the color combos used. ( PS you do NOT have to have a blog)****  ( my email is in the info section)

Each of you who send me a photo will be entered into a drawing. You will have your choice of THREE prizes.

Prize One - a box filled with Red White and blue scraps and pieces and crumbs - for you scrappy quilters - you will love it... about 3 pounds worth!

Prize Two - a box of random pieces of fabrics of various colors ( not necessarily patriotic) .. again 3 pounds worth.  ( most of these are bigger than 1/4 yard)

Prize Three - 25% off Machine Quilting a quilt of your choice.



See you next week with my Quilted ( but don't be surprised if it is not bound!) Allegiance Quilt.

No comments: