Thursday, March 30, 2017

I LOVE Circles

I made some very fun improv quilt blocks quite a few years ago. The class was presented by Melody Randol in Colorado. 

If you ever have a chance to catch a class from Melody – I totally recommend it – she is fantastic.

The class was held with our guild and it was way before I understood improv or even scrappy quilting – before I had even really heard of scrappy quilting. Her class spoke to me. 

She said just lay the fabric out and lets’ start cutting.
Oh my – I had such fun.   

And then, I put them in a box, and sort of kept working with them as I had time…


Of course I was using some of the Kaffe Fasset fabrics I had found at a quilt shop , way before I even really knew who he was! so that was a real draw - I love those bright colors....

Fast forward a few years - I Finally Pulled the thing back out again and made it into a quilt top.

THEN!!  I quilted Circles ALL over it - I just LOVE this texture!





Circle circles everywhere


Don't you just love how it moves across the quilt?

And the final result!!




Got a quilt you would like circles Quilted on?

5 comments:

Liz said...

This is gorgeous! With how busy the fabric is, laying it on so much negative space is absolutely perfect. This quilt makes me smile. I love circles too, they were the first free-motion design I fell in love with. Yours looks perfect though. Did you do it freehand or with a computer? Can I ask what kind of longarm you have?

Pamela said...

Those circles are awesome!

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

The circles are fantastic!

Ivani said...

Love que circles you did a great quilting!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on marking another UFO off your list.