Friday, February 8, 2013

Purple Feathers

My Client brought me this quilt and said - I just want some feathers on it, and make it look pretty. You know? I think I like it when Clients say that. I had a BLAST quilting this quilt.

In the purple I drew curving feathers, and in the whites I offset the curviness with straight lines.


I really liked this effect!


In the tiny purple border I used a squiggly line that echoed what I did in the white.

I tried to get down on the floor...
I LOVE the texture!!

This was a fun quilt to do.
Now I want to make one!!

For other Friday Finishes head over to:
and 

8 comments:

  1. I've been spending a lot of energy looking at finished quilts where the quilter took the time to play out the right designs for that particular quilt. I enjoyed seeing what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful--your quilting really enhances the quilt--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those two styles of quilting go so well on that quilt. Sometimes I get frozen with, "how to quilt it". Your fun at choosing a motif for this quilt speaks for itself. Congrats on a great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is beautiful! Your client did a great job on the HSTs. I can never make mine line up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful quilting! Thanks for showing all the detailed photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilting looks great! It accents the quilt really wel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty! I love the effect - you get the nice feathers, but the purple fabrics get to sing out clearly. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alycia, that's lovely! Thanks for sharing your beautiful quilting - it's always inspirational for me to see what other quilters are doing! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete