Thursday, June 19, 2014

Allegiance Part 2

Allegiance Quilt – Step 2    PRINTABLE PAGE HERE


This week we are making rail fence blocks. All cutting instructions are for the full width of fabric.

Quilt of Valor:

Cut 6 strips 2 ½” wide in each of fabrics 2, 3 and 4. Sew the strips together with fabric 4 in the middle. You will have 6 strip sets. 

Sub-cut these into 9 ½ blocks for a total of 24 blocks. 

The blocks will be 6 ½ x 9 ½.

Veteran’s Quilt:

Cut 4 strips 2” wide in each of fabrics 2, 3 and 4. 

Sew the strips together with fabric 4 in the middle. You will have 4 strip sets. 

Sub-cut these into 6 ½ blocks for a total of 24 blocks. 

The blocks will be 4 ½ x 6 ½.



Press the seams any way you prefer. It will not matter when we assemble the quilt.

Just to prove to you... I AM Keeping UP!!!

Here are my strips:


I chained sewed them all together while watching an episode of Drop Dead Diva...THAT is a first for me. Usually I get up and wander around.... this time I forced my self to stay seated!


And Ta -Da - My blocks!!!

Don't forget to check out Vicki's too  -http://vickiwelsh.typepad.com/field_trips_in_fiber/

No comments: